Skip to main content

The Male Room Challenge #131 - Team Colors - Guest Designer MFT Slider Card

Adding Depth and Texture to Your Coloring and Essentials by Ellen Mondo Amaryllis

I love to color! Today I am using the beautiful Essentials by Ellen Mondo Amaryllis stamp set along with the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Holly stamp set for the sentiment. I have a couple of tips on how I achieve greater depth and texture in my coloring.
Here is a short video on how I made and colored this card.

Tips:
1. Use both warm and cool colors in your image. Here my warm, or more orangey red is Copic Marker R29 and my cool, or more blue reds are Copic Marker R89 and Copic Marker R39.
2. Use a muted medium shade of blue such as Copic Marker B34 to deepen the color of the shadows.
3. For more realism add texture once you are finished with your Copic Markers using Prismacolor Pencils. I used PC 1029 and PC1067.
4. And most important, just color and have fun!
 
I am joining 3 challenges with this card.
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge: Christmas/Winter with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies
Time Out Challenges: Merry and Cheerful
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/11/just-us-girls-challenge-516-wild-card.html
If you haven't tried adding blue copics to shading your reds or pencil crayons for a little texture it is sure worth it.  I hope you give it a try!

I hope you can go do a little coloring "therapy".
Betty

Supplies:
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Amaryllis
Essentials by Ellen Mondo Holly
Copic Marker R29
Copic Marker R89
Copic Marker R39
Copic Marker B34
Copic Marker C0
Copic Marker C3
Copic Marker C5
Copic Marker C7
Prismacolor Pencils PC 1029 and PC1067
MISTI stamping tool
Cardstock









Comments

  1. Your card is absolutely stunning. And, I learned so much about coloring from reading your post, and look forward to a free moment when I can watch your video. I have not tried those techniques, and am eager to do so. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce for your encouraging comments and all the effort you put into the Time Out Challenge! xxxx

      Delete
  2. Wow beautifully coloured! Looks like you where in a good flow! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gerrina and thank you for all you put into the Time Out Challenge! xxxx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Your coloring on those flowers is amazing with so much depth. I love your beautiful design, too. Thanks for playing along at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue! It was so much fun to make and I was able to give it to a friend's Mom who loves to color. Thank you for having me at JUGS!

      Delete
  4. congrats for getting honours at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Sandie! It is an honor!😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colored Cardstock versus Comic Markers with Altenew Rose Flurries 3D Die Set

I made 2 cards with the Altenew Rose Flurries 3D Die Set , one using colored cardstock and one using copic markers to color white cardstock. These cards are inspired by the Altenew November 2019 Inspiration Challenge. For my first card I pulled out all my miscellaneous colored cardstock that matched the inspiration challenge colors.  I was short a couple of colors so I blended some ink onto my darkest color to deepen the color for the last layer to die cut. I die cut all my layers, but this is where I ran into a few problems. I had mixed up wrong colors for some of the layers of the flowers.  (I was curious to try a different method so that prompted the second card.) Once I had re-die cut the missing layers I glued all my pieces together and glued them onto a cream color A2 sized card and stamped my sentiment which is from the Altenew Build a Flower Sakura Blossom  stamp set.     For my second card I use the layering guide provided by Altenew and organized all the

Watercolor Altenew Golden Garden

I could not resist making another card with the extra images I had stamped and embossed for my last card, from the Altenew Golden Garden stamp set! And for inspiration in design for today's card I used the February 2020 Altenew Inspiration Challenge and the Flower Challenge #41 "Add Leaves". I am joining these challenges with today's card. If you would like more on how I watercolor or arrange my florals, my last post was made with the same stamp set and the same general method.  I include a video on my watercoloring in my recent post. I used different colors and arranged the florals in a different pattern. You can find it here: Watercoloring Altenew's Golden Garden Stamp Set      Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day! Betty If you enjoyed your visit please click on the "Follow by email" button on the right side of this post and follow me on my journey. P.S.  I am so happy to have won the Altenew Inspiration Challenge wi

Just Us Girls Challenge #521 - Word Week - Bow - Guest Designer

I am super thrilled to be a guest designer at  the Just Us Girls Challenge #521 where the word week theme is "bow".  To avoid having to tie a bow I had to pull out an old Whipper Snapper Designs stamp called Birthday Angel to find a bow (or 2). In saying that I may be telling me age, lol, given how old that stamp is.   Please make sure to check out all the wonderful cards the JUGS team made: Carol, Sue , Angie, Vickie, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria, and Cécile . And please drop by the Just Us Girls Challenge #521  and enter your "bow" card!   I look forward to being back at JUGS again next week!  As a teaser, my card will include watercoloring and an Altenew stamp set.    Thank you for stopping by! Betty   If you enjoyed your visit please click on the "Follow by email" button on the right side of this post and follow me on my journey.